Tuesday, September 18, 2007

When we lose someone we love

I was listening to the latest episode of Mysterious Universe (www.mysteriousuniverse.org) hosted by trailblazing Aussie podcaster- Benjamin Grundy). He mentioned on his latest show about the passing of his grandfather. He mentioned the comfort his knowledge of the metaphysical was bringing him and that he was certain that wasn't all there was to life.

As he spoke it brought back memories of when my Grandmother passed in 2003. Even though we were separated physically by nearly 1,000 kilometres, I remember the exact time she passed and exactly where I was. She visited me as I was driving to work and said the words "Nana loves you", words she would always say to me as a child. I could hear the words as clearly as if she was sitting in the car seat next to me and I could feel the intense warmth of her hug.

It was a very brief and intense moment, and I wasn't quite sure what it meant. To be honest I thought it was a message for a friend who I did a reading for the previous day. I had no idea she had passed over until nearly 8 hours later that night, when I got a call from my mum to let me know she had passed.

This precious visit from my Grandmother was a firm reassurance to me that we are more than just our physical body... and for me her funeral was more a celebration that she was now free from the physical restrictions of her body and was on her way home.

Our thoughts are with you and your family Benjamin...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ruth. Your experience put a big smile on my face.